Travelling to Canada

You must meet some basic requirements to travel to Canada. Please check here to confirm about Visas and or other required documents.

  1. Have a valid travel document
  2. Be in good health
  3. An address of where you will be staying while at the Regatta
  4. Have enough money for your stay – we use Canadian dollars.

Colourful picture of Canadian plastic money and coinsYou can be inadmissible to the country for several reasons, including being involved in:
– Criminal activity
– Human rights violations
– Organized crime.

Go here for more information about travel, Visa requirements and inadmissibility issues (source: Government of Canada):

Things to Remember:Picture of passport

Boat owners must have:

  1. Proof of Class Membership
  2. Insurance Certificate for your boat
  3. If you are trailering a boat, have proof of ownership.

Good to Have or Know:

It makes sense to get personal health insurance for the duration of your trip. (We are definitely organizing a J/24 Worlds non-compulsory world championship street-hockey game, and we all know what a boom can do to a person’s head. We even had some weather-related scrapes last year!)

picture of used hockey sticksAs many previous competitors know, a fun street hockey tournament has been held annually at Worlds. You won’t need hockey equipment – it is being supplied by the City of Mississauga.

Check out our “Toronto” page here, for local maps, and to find out about Toronto, or “the Six” as it is affectionately known. There are many interesting things to see and do around Port Credit before and after racing, whether you are taking some extra days (or not) to travel around.

Have a good and safe journey!