Stuff to Do in “The 6ix“
The J/24 Worlds 2017 are being held in Port Credit, which is a neighbourhood in the city of Mississauga, and a close neighbour of Toronto. Toronto, the capital of the province of Ontario, is a major Canadian city along Lake Ontario’s northwestern shore – with its downtown just 40 minutes from Port Credit Yacht Club. Toronto is a dynamic metropolis with a core of soaring skyscrapers, all dwarfed by the iconic
CN Tower which will be the dramatic backdrop for the duration of the J/24 World Championship races in September 2017. Toronto (a.k.a. “TO”, “The Big Smoke”, “The 416”, and “The 6ix”) also has many green spaces, from the orderly oval of Queen’s Park to 400-acre High Park and its trails, sports facilities and zoo. Here are a few key links to help you plan your trip to “The 6ix”:
- Official City of Toronto website
- Greater Toronto Travel Site
- BLOG TO offering restaurants, events, areas, and critiques
- Official Website of Tourism Toronto and “Must See Attractions”
- What’s on in Port Credit
- Trip Advisor – Attractions and parks near Port Credit
- Discover Mississauga.ca – Attractions in Port Credit
- Travelling to Canada – documentation, gov’t links
The list of options for fun in Toronto and Mississauga is endless. Click the links above to get snapshots of the many neighbourhoods that make up Toronto and Port Credit/Mississauga, and select a few that resonate. Maybe you’ll want to go see the famous ‘Marilyn Monroe’ towers (shown at right) just 15 minutes away in downtown Mississauga.
Have fun exploring on and off the water!